The past few days have been eaten by parties, unexpected errands, breaking up fights, potty training, and then yesterday, snotty noses times three. I will get it all done, I will get it all done, I will get it all done... this is becoming my mantra. How are you all doing on your lists?
Right now I have 5 gifts I have to get done and make (the rest I'll finish later if I have to), 90% of my Christmas baking, and 99% of the gifts left to wrap.... and I need to get most of it done today. Tomorrow is full of other obligations, and Friday is full of good family time.
Ok, deep breath. I tend to stress easily. :)
I hope to have a tutorial up for you all tomorrow which might come in handy for a last minute Christmas gift. Fingers crossed as it is one of my "must make" gifts. :)
Here is something that ate half my day yesterday. Actually what ate half my day was the cleanup. Don't give a 3yr old permanent paints unsupervised. The 10 mins you buy for yourself isn't worth it. :)
Salt Dough Ornaments
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Mix salt and hot water and stir till dissolved.
- Add flour and knead until smooth.
- Roll out into 1/4 inch thickness and use cookie cutters (or in our case play doh cutters) to cut out your ornaments.
- Use a straw to poke a whole in the top for ribbon or string.
- Let air dry, or put in 200 degree oven for a couple of hours.
- Paint when hard
Of course, every year we keep a few for the tree.
I'll see you tomorrow......hopefully! :)